Friday, August 29, 2008

Firsts



First CD I bought:

Yeah, uh huh: cuz that was worth the money.

First vinyl album I bought (before CD’s existed):

Ain’t he cute?

First job: feeding two golden retrievers down the block from us when I was 8. This job resulted in my first savings account, believe it or not. This is why I'm a millionaire today.

First dog we had when I was a kid: a Pekingese Poodle named Fonzie.

We got rid of him pretty quickly cuz he bit me. I didn’t taunt him, I swear. Cuz I was a well-mannered little scamp, dontchyaknow.

First full-length play I performed in:

My character’s name was Bud Frump. The name “Frump” tells you what kind of person he was. It wasn’t typecasting. I think.

First school: Sunset Terrace Elementary in Rochester, Minnesota.

This is where I first sniffed glue.

First time overseas: spent most of my time in Birmingham, England. Cuz, yeah, Birmingham has such a booming tourism industry.

First time I kissed Heather: in Henry Hallgren’s basement while watching this movie:

We necked because this flick is such a romantic movie.

First time I rode on a plane: I was 17.

First job in ministry: part time youth pastor at Evangel Baptist Church in Wheaton, Illinois.

I wore a tie and pretended to be sophisticated.

First car I owned: an old station wagon. I bought it for $1 from my pastor in Minnesota. I’m not sure I didn’t get ripped off.


The first time I ate sushi, I was hooked.

The first time I left my family, I flew from Toronto to London, England.

The first time I saw Two Towers, I had nightmares that night about Orcs chasing me.

The first time I was ever in the hospital was to have my gall bladder removed.

The first time I saw a positive sign on a pregnancy test was 30 months after we started trying to get pregnant.

The first dog I ever “owned” was a Pekinese puppy named Pal that my parents gave me for my 1st birthday.

The first time I slept in a water-bed, I knew I wanted one.

The first time I tried Dr. Pepper was in a motor home we were driving from Florida to Michigan one furlough. I had a sip of my Dad’s and the rest is history.

The first car I ever drove was a Subaru station wagon.

The first car Troy and I owned was a behemoth electric blue station with a saggy driver’s seat. We called her Sally.

The first boy I really kissed was Troy. (He’s the last, too)

The first time I rode a horse was on a ranch in Western Canada where my Dad used to work.

The first movie I ever saw in a theater was Sound of Music. My parents snuck us out of my grandparents’ apartment in Toronto because they didn’t approve of going to the movies.

2 comments:

Spence Farmer said...

Heather that must have been one heck of a good kiss and Troy while there are many things I could say, I won't. Oh and by the way, "WHAT! NO COFFEE?" (Running trill from orchastra. Bud-da-du Bud-da-du Da-dum )

Anonymous said...

Spence,

In spite of the fact that "there's no coffee", "I'll play it the COMPANY way!"

Smiles,
T