Tuesday, February 12, 2008

14 Reasons

Tomorrow is February 14: Valentine's Day. In honor of this holiday, today we're posting 14 reasons we love each other.

14 Reasons I love Heather:

1. The other day she was talking with someone, and I was struck by her laugh. I do not remember who else was in the room. I only remember her smile.

2. I love her because she takes me just as I am.

3. I mess up a lot and I say insensitive things to her. She always forgives me.

4. I love holding hands with her when we go ice skating.

5. She loves God with her whole heart.

6. She cheers me on, more than I can tell.

7. I love that we can’t stay mad at each other for long.

8. She looks great (translation: sexy) in black.

9. She lives for her morning kiddie cuddles in bed. She is a great mom.

10. Okay, I’ll admit it: she is a better driver than me.

11. She holds me when I cry.

12. If you ever have the chance to be her close friend, count yourself extremely blessed. She teaches me a lot about being a good friend.

13. She taught me to like coffee and to wait before digging in to dessert.

14. She is as real as they come. What you see is really what you get. No hypocrisy here.


Fourteen reasons (in random order) I love Troy.
  1. He doesn’t “keep score” about anything in our relationship. Not about whether I have walked the dog as much as he has, or who won the last argument or how many times he’s had to eat frozen pizza in a given week.
  2. He still thinks I’m beautiful despite the wrinkles, extra pounds and grey hairs.
  3. Even though I don’t laugh at his jokes very often, he still tries to make me laugh every day.
  4. He cares about what I think.
  5. He is an amazing Dad.
  6. He is the spiritual leader of our home.
  7. He is passionate (in every area, get your mind out of the gutter!)
  8. But, he still gets my motor running! :)
  9. He is my best friend.
  10. He gets better and better with age. He’s kinda like a fine wine that way.
  11. We make a really, really good team, and he likes that as much as I do.
  12. He puts up with all my quirks graciously.
  13. He admits when he is wrong, and accepts my apologies when I am.
  14. He is absolutely most definitely the man I want to grow old with.

1 comment:

The O said...

Dammit! Now *I'm* bawling.


28 reasons why there is hope for our world . . .