Monday, May 26, 2008

Umbrellas

I think I had a really good idea for a topic on Friday night, but I can’t remember for the life of me what it was. I hate it when that happens.

We have been having so much rain lately; much more than is normal for May. April maybe, but not May. To be honest, most of the time I can’t be bothered with umbrellas. I tend to take them places and then leave them there. Most of the time, I take my chances and hope that I’ll only get sprinkled on. After all, (and I’m sure Troy will be happy to testify to this) I’m not made of sugar. Although salt probably melts just as easily as sugar.

Lately though it has been down-pouring so much that I have been using my umbrella. That is, I have been using it when my husband hasn’t already taken it. We only have a certain number of umbrellas in our house, and we have one little compact one that fits in my purse. But it also fits in the murse. So pretty much whoever leaves first wins. I think I need to purchase a very girly umbrella that he’s not tempted to take. I saw a tiny little cute frilly one in H&M the other day; I should have picked it up.

These umbrellas make me giggle:

Our friend Jake has one of these but I can’t find the photo.

This is crazy, but I’m quite sure Lexi would approve. She's a baby about the rain.



I get the feeling this is another one of Heather’s “I’ve-got-a-bone-to-pick-with-you” topics. What I mean to say is: I know that she thinks there are certain umbrellas in our home that belong to “her”. But, what I want to say is: that view is sadly mistaken. In actuality: what’s hers is mine and what’s mine is mine. Sounds fair, du’n’ it?

I think part of the confusion stems from the fact that either:

A. I bought her a very nice umbrella some time ago, but it is not compact enough to fit in her purse so…

B. She bought herself an umbrella to fit in her purse.

Notice: in no instance is there a moment on record when any kind of umbrella has been purchased for ME. So, what is a man to do, I ask?

On a separate note: some time ago I posted a little nugget on my personal blog that stated: “If I weren't a pastor, and I had the chance to do anything else, I think I'd enjoy making umbrellas.”

Thinking about it now, I still stand by that statement. Not sure why, just think it would be neat.

Okay, enough profundity.

No comments: